November 18, 2019 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Plus Therapeutics shares opened 25% higher today after the firm reported Q3/19 financial and business results. In the most recent quarter, the company completed the change of its name, relocated its headquarters to Austin, and raised $15 million for R&D and working capital.
Late yesterday afternoon, Austin, Tex. based clinical-stage pharmaceutical company Plus Therapeutics Inc. (PSTV:NASDAQ), which is focused on developing treatments for patients battling cancer, announced financial and business results for the third quarter of 2019.
The firm reported that contract revenues in Q3/19 were $4.8 million, compared to $0.5 million for Q3/18. The company further noted that it “received notification that a $4.6 million payment from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services / Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response / Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (“BARDA”) to reimburse the Company for work performed during fiscal years 2012 through 2019, will be paid in Q4/19.”
For Q3/19, the company reported that net income from continuing operations was $0.526 million, or $0.03 per share., compared to a loss of ($1.396 million) or ($22.27) per share in Q3/18. The firm additionally advised that operating cash burn for the quarter was approximately $2.1 million, and that the firm ended the quarter with approximately $16.8 million of cash and cash equivalents.
Dr. Marc Hedrick, president and CEO of Plus Therapeutics, commented, “Plus Therapeutics emerges from the third quarter with the financial strength, development focus and cost structure to achieve long-term viability and growth…We believe our company is now poised to aggressively move its pipeline through important milestones and to eventual market leadership. We believe that our pipeline has the potential to produce drugs that may provide tremendous benefits to patients and shareholders alike.”
The company stated that it now is “concentrating its development in ways that can leverage the U.S. FDA’s accelerated regulatory pathways and enable it to apply its in-house expertise in nanoparticle drug design, complex formulation, and drug manufacturing to scale-up.”
The firm announced that “its initial development focus will be on DocePLUS (formerly ATI-1123), a complex, injectable, patented, albumin-stabilized pegylated liposomal docetaxel, for which a U.S. Phase 1 clinical trial has been completed and published. The company previously announced that it received feedback from the U.S. FDA that a 505(b)(2) new drug application appears to be an acceptable regulatory approach for DocePLUS.” Docetaxel was approved by the FDA in 1999 and is commonly used for treating cancers of the breast, head, neck, stomach, prostate and lung.
Plus Therapeutics, formerly known as Cytori Therapeutics Inc., is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and manufacturing scale up of complex and innovative treatments for patients battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases. This year the company changed its name and relocated its headquarters from San Diego, Calif. to Austin, Texas. The firm notes that it maintained its manufacturing facility in San Antonio, Tex. and that “the move to Austin was driven in part by significant incentives offered by the State of Texas, whose Cancer Prevention & Research Institute is second only to the federal government in public funding of cancer research”. The company also recently completed an underwritten public offering with gross proceeds of approximately $15 million which it intends to use for research and development, working capital, potential debt restructuring and general corporate purposes.
Plus Therapeutics began the day with a market capitalization of approximately $8.2 million with about 3.443 million shares outstanding. PSTV shares opened nearly 26% higher today at $3.01 (+$0.62, +25.94%) over yesterday’s $2.39 closing price. The stock has traded today on extremely high relative volume between $2.65 to $3.38 per share and is currently trading at $2.67 (+$0.28, +11.72%).
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com