Unstoppable Domains, a software company building domains on the blockchain, today announced an additional $1,000,000 to help wallets, browsers and DApps integrate blockchain-based domains.
Blockchain domains improve user experiences in wallets by replacing cryptocurrency addresses with a human, readable name. The same domain can be used to simplify cryptocurrency payments and to build an uncensorable website.
Earlier this year, Unstoppable Domains unveiled both the .zil and .crypto domain registries, and has sold more than 150,000 domains to date.
“The cryptocurrency community is quickly adopting blockchain domains, but we want to make it even easier for apps to integrate blockchain domains. This grant program can help wallets, browsers and other apps embrace them sooner. The more apps that support blockchain domains, the more useful they are to users.”
– Unstoppable Domains CEO, Matt Gould
Apps that are now live with Unstoppable Domains:
- Trust Wallet – a multi-protocol wallet with domain resolution on both iOS and Android.
- Coinomi Wallet – a multicurrency wallet that supports blockchain domain resolution on iOS and Android.
- ViewBlock – a block explorer that allows for on-chain .zil domain searches. Coin Request – a cryptocurrency invoice system that simplifies day-to-day transactions.
- Moonlet – A blockchain agnostic cryptocurrency wallet available as a Chrome extension.
- Counter Network – a cryptocurrency exchange and stablecoin marketplace.
Blockchain domains provide additional features that traditional domains are unable to do, including:
- Payments – Domains can be used as a payment gateway for cryptocurrency payments. These are cheap, almost instant, and can be done from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.
- Uncensorable Websites – Other companies and governments cannot control the content you show on your website.
- Alternate Root – Are not governed by and don’t require approval from ICANN.
- No Custodian – Blockchain domains are stored by the owner. No third party can move or seize them.
- No Renewals – Pay once and it’s yours … forever.
- Transfers – Blockchain domains do not require an escrow agent to exchange the domain or funds securely. This transfer can happen in less than 1 minute, from or to anywhere in the world.
Any cryptocurrency wallets, exchanges or browser applications interested in supporting blockchain domains can now apply for the Unstoppable Domains grant program.